Liouville - Download Page
Here you can download a very preliminary version of Liouville.
Be warned: The package is very incomplete. You can use it, but you will
see error notifications from time to time. It is also possible that
you will occasionally run into problems that you cannot easily debug
(As soon as morphic elements are involved, debugging under Morphic can be very
Requirements: Squeak 3.7 (full image, Balloon3D is needed)
You can run Liouville both in a Morphic enviroment or in a MVC project.
Files to Download
- Sources: Liouville.sar (file size: approx. 580 kBytes)
This archive contains a single file: liouville.cs
- Documentation: LiouvilleDoc.zip (file size: approx. 879 kBytes)
A short user guide and a short description of the program. (The size of the
archive is misleading, the documentation contains a lot of images.)
This archive contains subdirectories. Ensure that these subdirectories
are kept when you unzip the archive.
- Test Cases: LiouvilleTests.zip (file size: approx34 kBytes)
This archive contains a single file, LiouvilleTests.3.cs. That file
contains some subclasses of class TestCase. These subclasses provide a total
of 278 test examples. (Some tests will fail, this is a clear indication
that Liouville is still incomplete!)
- Download the files Liouville.sar
- Start a fresh copy of Squeak 3.7
- Open a file list and select the directory where you stored the sar file
- select the file Liouville.sar in the files name view
- bring up the context menu of the files name view and select the
Please note that the complete installation may take more than 20 minutes
on a slow computer.
No update policy is currently implemented.
This package is still very incomplete. The following list of known
problems is also incomplete, but I think that the most important
deficiencies are listed.
- symbolic integration is incomplete.
- symbolic computation with radicals is not sufficiently tested
and perhaps still erroneous.
- displayed results are not scrollable, for very complicated expressions
illegible results are displayed.
Back to Squeak Home.
last updated: Jan 24, 2005